With the principle of ╬ô├ç┬úfrom, with & to the community╬ô├ç┬Ñ, SISCa (standing for Integrated Community Health Services╬ô├ç┬Ñ) is an integrated health Initiative Organized in the community Once a month. It Objectives are to :
1. Bring primary Health Assistance to the Community.
2. Collect and improve complete data about the population ,children and pregnant woman in identifying appropriate health interventions.
3. Disseminate HP and Education in order to change people╬ô├ç├ûs Behaviors .
4. Improve Woman & man╬ô├ç├ûs participation in Health issues.
The target Population of SISCa are the General Community, children under Five year old, pregnant woman, adolescent ,elders and disable people.
Activities are organized by ╬ô├ç┬ú tables ╬ô├ç┬ú as follows: 1 Registers basic data, table 2 provide nutrition assistance, table 3 provide health assistance to pregnant mothers & children, table 4 provide information & counseling on personal hygiene & sanitation, table 5 provide curative care, and finally table 6 disseminates HP and education to the community. Services are delivered by the community health Centre ( CHC)╬ô├ç├ûs staff and community Volunteers or ,PSF╬ô├ç├ûs).
SISCa is an integrated health service involving the community. It has functioned from 2008. A community organization effort is currently being made for the creation of health committees (or╬ô├ç┬ÑKJPS╬ô├ç┬Ñ) strongly linked with the Village Councils.
program is a key initiative of the Ministry of Health (MOH) to extend the reach of basic primary health care services to community and household level. The program is Being implemented in the country╬ô├ç├ûs 13 Districts.
The definition of the PSF is a follows :
1. S/hi is a village members selected by his/her community to serve as a volunteer.
2. As a ╬ô├ç┬úVolunteer╬ô├ç┬Ñ s/he is not an employee of MOH and does not receive a salary but does get some incentives.
3. Registered by MOH, the PSF Participates in training to get the necessary skills.
4. The PSF is active to conducting health promotion activities during SISCa.The role include : Providing Health education, acting as a motivator for behavior change, assisting in providing treatment (ORS, Vitamin A, DOTS╬ô├ç┬¬), and mobilizing the communities to attend SISCa.
Thematic Health education has been applied by several health Departments together with Health Promotion Department. Almost every health programs has Behavior Change Communication (BCC) materials development and use as one of its activities. There are also campaigns, organizing of health events and other activities which related to the health promotion.